By some coincidence it seems that I have timed this post perfectly and ended up being almost relevant! I haven't been too well since my exams but I'm getting better. I've been to the health centre on campus more often in the past couple of week than in my 2-and-something years at university so far. The weather doesn't help posting either but I should stop whining because it's not getting any better, it snowed, again!
Today I spent the latter half of the day baking a delicious savoury cake. This post doesn't have a recipe for said savoury cake, that comes later. Instead, I have a recipe I wrote up in January and have been meaning to post since. It's my favourite pancake recipe and I make it almost every weekend for my flatmates and I to share for breakfast.
Hopefully I'll be over my anxiety soon and then I'll be out and about again, prancing about in public places for silly photos, until then enjoy these photos from my kitchen!
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 apple, shredded
1 1/4 cup flour (3/4 cup white, 1/2 cup spelt)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix together egg, butter and milk.
- Grate one tart apple and add it to the wet ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- Fry spoonfuls of batter in oil until browned on both sides. Use a low to medium heat to prevent burning.
- Eat! Serve with lemon juice and sugar.
dress//thrifted from Oxfam tights//thrifted from Oxfam